While visiting Maui you may see or hear the common phrase, “Maui No Ka Oi”, which means, Maui is the best.
The first thing that comes to mind is the many beautiful, white sand beaches that are available to the public.
Second is the nearly-always-perfect year-round weather.
Third could be the Polynesian charm and Aloha spirit that characterize our island home.
The list goes on.
But don’t just take our word for it. Maui has been voted Best Island in the World by the readers of Conde Nast Traveler magazine for 10 consecutive years, and voted World’s Best Island by the readers of Travel+Leisure magazine for five years.
Here are some fun Maui facts:
- Maui has more miles of swimmable beaches than any other Hawaiian island.
- Maui has the largest dormant volcano in the world, Mount Haleakala (elevation 10,023 feet).
- Maui has the second highest waterfall in the United States.
- Maui is one of the few places in the world where you can snorkel inside an extinct, dormant volcanic cinder cone (Molokini crater, one of the world’s top rated dive and snorkel sites!).
- Our most famous annual visitors, the North Pacific humpback whales, migrate in large numbers each year from Alaska down to Maui’s shallow and warm waters to mate and give birth to their calves between January and May.
Whether you are coming to Maui to relax on one of the many picturesque beaches, go out on a boat to snorkel or whale watch, hike, or sightsee; Maui has something for everyone.
Most of the Kihei Rent A Car team are born and raised on Maui. They love to share ideas and suggestions for having fun Maui style. While you are at our counter getting your car, just ask your rental agent, “What do you like to do on Maui?”. Everyone loves to share their favorite activities and restaurants. The other agents may share a few of their ideas too. By the time you drive off our lot, your Maui bucket list will be a lot longer.
Drive safe and have loads of fun!