Since the Covid-19 pandemic, many Maui visitors want to show their support to locally owned businesses. Even with Starbucks Coffee Stores in several locations on every side of the island (except east Maui thank goodness), locally owned and operated coffee stores are popular with residents and visitors.
There are several local owned coffee shops on Maui. Here are a few options:
- Akamai Coffee Co. – Located in Kihei, Wailea and Kahului, this coffee shop roasts their own beans and offers a variety of drinks and snacks. They are closed on Sundays.
2. Maui Coffee Roasters – This coffee shop has locations in Lahaina and Kahului and also roasts their own beans. They offer a variety of drinks and pastries.
3. Wailuku Coffee Company – Located in Wailuku and in Haiku, this coffee shop offers a selection of drinks, pastries, and light breakfast and lunch options.
4. Paia Bay Coffee and Bar – Located in Paia, this coffee shop also serves alcoholic beverages and offers live music on some nights.
5. Bad Ass Coffee – With locations in Lahaina and Kihei, this coffee shop serves a variety of drinks and also offers merchandise for sale.
6. Vida by Sip Me – A bold new coffee shop & courtyard concept in Makawao Town
7. Maui Coffee Attic – This quaint, 1950s-style cafe in Wailuku serves coffee with a kick. They are a neighborhood cafe with many volunteers helping to cater to the needs of the community.
These are just a few of the many local owned coffee shops on Maui. Each one has its own unique atmosphere and offerings, so it’s worth checking out several to find your favorite!
TIP: If you are driving the road to Hana in your Kihei Rent a Car vehicle, remember to stop at Nahiku Cafe located in the Nahiku Marketplace at Mile Marker 29, approximately 6 miles before Hana Town