Every December Kihei Rent A Car has a holiday party for all of our employees and their guests. This year on Sunday, December 9th was one of the best parties ever!
We gathered for dinner and drinks at the Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea. Imagine an island oasis where bright blue skies, a shimmering golden sand beach and an abundance of tropical blooms create a lush vibrant retreat for all. Fairmont Kea Lani is this very special place.
A few of the incredible dishes were; Kula Baby Greens with Orange Wasabi Vinaigrette; Cold Grilled Asparagus with Roasted Macadamia Nuts; Marinated Mushroom Salad; Kula Tomato, Sweet Basil & Fresh Mozzarella Salad; Tropical Fruit Salad; Maui Onion Soup with Parmesan Croutons; Steamed Island Snapper with an Oriental Ginger Glaze; Medallions of Angus Beef with Shiitake Mushrooms & Kea Lani Herbs; Vegetable Fried Rice; Steamed Kula Vegetable Selection; Ginger Soufflé Cheesecake; Hana Bay Rum Tartlettes; Kula Strawberry Mousse; Fresh Fruit Tarts; and Raspberry Almond Cake.
Once this scrumptious meal was over the gambling began. It was a full-on Las Vegas style casino party, with real casino chips, tuxedo clad dealers, and four different game tables.
The Kihei Rent A Car crew wasted no time gathering around the Craps, Blackjack, Roulette and Poker tables to try and beat the house. For two hours all four tables were full of laughing, cheering, and shouting players. The energy was so high, it felt like a real Las Vegas casino. When our gambling time ran out, everyone went for broke and bet it all.
Before the party ended, there was one more party tradition for the crew; the White Elephant Gift Exchange.
A White Elephant Gift Exchange is a popular Christmas event where people vie to walk away with the best present. It also goes by Yankee Swap, Dirty Santa, and a plethora of other names. The White Elephant game is played by a lot of different rules.
In case you don’t know how to play and would like to spice up your holiday party this year, here are the basic rules:
- Each player brings one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool.
- Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in.
- Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile.
- The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it.
- The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
- After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone whose gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet). When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
FROM ALL OF US HERE AT KIHEI RENT A CAR MAUI:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF OUR AMAZING CUSTOMERS. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO BE A PART OF OUR FAMILY!. HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY SEASON AND SEE YOU VERY SOON!